The purpose of this training is to provide valuable lessons regarding how to apply the Swagelok method of tube bending, as well as, several tips and shortcuts that will help to take some of the mystery out of tube bending. The Swagelok Method is accurate for the layout of all angles up to and including 180 degrees in all sizes within the capacity of the Swagelok tube bender.
Tube Bending Essentials Training Outline
More connections mean greater potential for leaks. The Swagelok Tube Bending Essentials course offers foundational knowledge needed to introduce bent tubing to your system to eliminate connections and leak points found in traditional welded pipe systems.
Upon course completion, students will be able to:
- Explain the variables that must be considered when bending tube.
- Describe springback: how it affects the bending process, and ways to compensate for it.
- Explain the purpose of the straight tube length mark on the name plate.
- Calculate the length of tube used in an offset given all necessary information required to make the calculation.
- Explain minimum length of the last leg and describe how this length can be used.
- Bend tubing into a shape as specified by a template using the Swagelok method of tube bending, bend data, and tube bender.
- Identify the components of the Swagelok hand tube bender.
- Explain the purpose of the three types of marks used in the Swagelok method of tube bending.
- Identify five potential bend defects and explain their causes.
For fabricators and for engineers who need to understand tube bending in order to incorporate tubing in their design.
Course InformationDate: February 20, 2020 Register
Time: 8:30am - 12:30pm
Location: Billerica, MA
Cost: $275.00 per attendee
For more information please contact our Tube Bending Specialist Click Here
Our live chat provides support for all your fluid management solutions - from high-quality Swagelok Products, to application support and other services. Speak with a Swagelok Cambridge specialist right now!