Swagelok Cambridge offers an array of courses taught by Swagelok-certified trainers at a variety of locations. These courses include both theoretical and practical training. Technicians, engineers, and maintenance technicians who take the courses will increase their skill level, knowledge, and efficiency. Please note: The Steam System Optimization course is industry-specific.
Features of Swagelok-Sponsored Training
- Reliable, dependable fluid system performance that results in safer workplaces begins with proper installation.
- Swagelok-certified training delivers top quality instruction at locations and times convenient for you.
- Your local Sales and Service Center can help you get your workforce trained on correct installation and assessment techniques that are essential for reliable system performance.
- Choose from a range of courses -- please see course descriptions below.
Process Analyzer Sampling System (PASS)
- Basic performance criteria and challenges.
- Diagnosing and fixing time delay problems.
- Sample conditioning techniques.
- Sample tap design.
- Phase preservation.
- Advanced calculations.
- Techniques of stream switching.
Sample System Problem Solving and Maintenance Training Course (SSM)
- Theory and understanding behind what makes a sample system efficient, and the components used with these systems.
- In-depth discussion of how to recognize if a problem exists, along with how to repair and how to maintain a sample system in a safe manner, resulting in less downtime.
- Hands-on, practical troubleshooting techniques and corrective actions to improve sample system accuracy and efficiency.
- Basic welding principles and the fundamentals of orbital welding.
- Hands-on, comprehensive review of orbital welding.
- Equipment enables attendees to setup, operate, and troubleshoot equipment and critique weld quality.
- Information regarding the Swagelok M200 power supply, weld heads, fixturing, and the tube facing tool.
- Includes weld sample submission for ASME Section IX Weld qualification.
Advanced Tube Bending
- How to set up and operate all three Swagelok tube benders.
- Use of the Swagelok Method of Tube Bending to accurately locate and lay out multiple bends on straight tubing prior to bending.
- Other topics include:
- Single bends
- Multiple bends
- Making bends from both directions
- Bend dimensioning (from blueprints)
- Accurately positioning tubing for changes in plane
- How to maintain equal spacing on parallel tubing runs
- Applications require the attendees to bend tubing into precise shapes as specified on sketches, blueprints, as well as from actual measurements taken by the attendees from actual fluid system components.
- Overview of the properties of steam and steam systems.
- Steam Basics 1 attendees learn critical areas of steam system management including steam cost calculations, flash steam, steam traps, and water hammer.
- Other topics include steam fundamentals, steam quality, steam system components, flash steam recovery, and safety.
- Steam Basics 2 expands on the topics included in Steam Basics 1. Includes review of Steam Basics 1, boilers, heat recovery, steam piping, condensate piping, expansion, and insulation.
Industry-Specific Steam System Optimization
- Customized for the industry and specifically designed to address the needs of process and plant engineers. Available courses:
- Refinery and Chemical Steam System Reliability, Safety, and Optimization.
- Pharmaceutical Steam System Training.
- Pulp and Paper Steam System, Reliability, Safety, and Optimization.
- Food and Beverage Steam System Reliability, Safety, and Optimization.
Steam System Specialist Training
- Designed to provide managers and engineers with a comprehensive understanding of their steam system.
- Attendees learn how to identify opportunities for optimization while running a safe and reliable steam system.
Advanced Materials Training
- Technical seminar that can be customized to meet local needs.
- Addresses customer needs for material selection in customer applications with an emphasis on understanding and preventing corrosion.
- High-value training for customers on materials and corrosion in typical customer applications.